About the Conference
The 4th Annual Conference on machine Learning, Optimization and Data science (LOD) is a single-track machine learning, computational optimization, data science conference that includes invited talks, tutorial talks, special sessions, industrial tracks, demonstrations and oral and poster presentations of refereed papers.
The International Conference on Machine Learning, Optimization, and Data Science (LOD) has established itself as a premier interdisciplinary conference in machine learning, computational optimization and data science. It provides an international forum for presentation of original multidisciplinary research results, as well as exchange and dissemination of innovative and practical development experiences.
We invite submissions of papers, abstracts, posters and demos on all topics related to Machine learning, Optimization and Data Science including real-world applications for the Conference proceedings – Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
The LOD Conference Manifesto
“The problem of understanding intelligence is said to be the greatest problem in science today and “the” problem for this century — as deciphering the genetic code was for the second half of the last one.
Arguably, the problem of learning represents a gateway to understanding intelligence in brains and machines, to discovering how the human brain works, and to making intelligent machines that learn from experience and improve their competences as children do.
In engineering, learning techniques would make it possible to develop software that can be quickly customized to deal with the increasing amount of information and the flood of data around us.”
“The Mathematics of Learning: Dealing with Data“
Tomaso Poggio (MOD 2015 Keynote Speaker)
Steve Smale (LOD 2018 Keynote Speaker)
- Early Registration as Presenting Author: July 31, 2018
- Early Registration: July 31, 2018
- Late Registration: August 1 – September 16, 2018
- On-Site Registration: September 13 – 16, 2018
- Paper Submission Deadline:
May 31, 2018
- Decision Notification to Authors:
July 1, 2018
- Camera Ready Submission Deadline: July 31, 2018
- Special Session Proposals:
February 28, 2018
- Special Session Notification:
March 10, 2018
- Jul 1, 2018 — Notification emails: Sent!
- Jun 28, 2018 — Beware of phishing emails!
- Jun 28, 2018 — From MOD to LOD: why LOD?
- Jun 27, 2018 — Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice awards for World’s Best Experiences: Cooking Class at a Tuscan farmhouse
- Dec 15, 2017 — as the previous edition, Springer sponsors the LOD 2018 Best Paper Award with a cash prize of 1000 Euro
- Dec 15, 2017 — as the previous editions, the revised selected papers will be published as post-proceedings in Lecture Notes in Computer Science - LNCS
Special Sessions Chair
Tutorial Sessions Chair
Industrial Session Chairs
- MOD 2017
The Third International Conference on Machine Learning, Optimization and Big Data
Volterra – Tuscany – Italy
- MOD 2016
The Second International Workshop on Machine learning, Optimization and big Data
Volterra – Tuscany – Italy
- MOD 2015
International Workshop on Machine learning, Optimization and big Data
Taormina – Sicily – Italy